CIMP constitution, as confirmed by the General Assembly, August 14, 2018
1. The Commission shall be named the 'Commission Internationale de Microflore du Paléozoique' (C.I.M.P.).
2. The Commission Internationale de Microflore du Paléozoique (C.I.M.P.) shall act as an international federation of palynologists interested in Palaeozoic palynology. The aims of C.I.M.P. shall be to advance knowledge in palynology and related subjects by the promotion of international co-operation and meetings between scientists of all regions and countries.
3. Meetings of the C.I.M.P. may be organised independently or in conjunction with other international meetings such as those sponsored by the International Union of Biological Sciences and/or the International Union of Geological Sciences, its related Commissions, or other palaeontological, geological, or biological associations.
4. The General Assembly of C.I.M.P. shall consist of those members present at a general meeting of palynologists for which notice of three months has been given by the C.I.M.P. officers.
5. Members of C.I.M.P. shall be all palynologists who desire to belong to C.I.M.P.
6. Business of C.I.M.P. shall be conducted by the Executive Committee of the Commission, and by committees appointed by the Council.
7. The Executive Committee of C.I.M.P. shall consist of the following members: President, Past-President, General Secretary, Treasurer, Director at Large (IFPS Councilor), and Student Representative.
8. Elections. The new Executive Committee shall be elected by an electronic ballot to the membership. The term for each office shall be four years. All committee officers, with the exception of the President and Past-President, can serve up to two consecutive periods in office. The President and Past-President shall be limited to one term of office.
9. Any motions passed by a general assembly shall be referred to the Executive Committee and shall be considered by the Executive Committee.
10. The existing Executive Committee shall retire after the election and the announcement of the newly elected Executive Committee is made.
11. The Constitution shall only be amended at a General Assembly or by electronic ballot. In either case, any proposed amendment shall be circulated three months before the meeting to all members in good standing.
12. Audit. The accounts of C.I.M.P. shall be drawn up annually on 31 December and submitted to an auditor approved by the Executive Committee. Abstracts of accounts shall be presented at each General Assembly.
13. Dissolution. The Commission (C.I.M.P.) shall be dissolved only at a General Assembly, an extraordinary General Assembly or an electronic announcement which has been called for this purpose, by a majority vote of the members. In the event of such dissolution, any property or assets of the Commission shall by decision of the General Assembly be disposed of by gift to one or more international organisations concerned with the furtherance of palynology.