"Members of C.I.M.P. shall be all palynologist who desire to belong to C.I.M.P."
- 1. The Commission shall be named the 'Commission Internationale de Microflore du Paléozoique' (C.I.M.P.).
- 2. The Commission Internationale de la Microflore du Paléozoique (C.I.M.P.) shall act as an international federation of palynologists interested in Palaeozoic palynology. The aims of C.I.M.P. shall be to advance knowledge in palynology and related subjects by the promotion of international co-operation and meetings between scientists of all regions and countries.
- 3. Meetings of the C.I.M.P. may be organised independently or in conjunction with other international meetings such as those sponsored by the International Union of Biological Sciences and/or the International Union of Geological Sciences, or its related Commissions.
- 4. The General Assembly of C.I.M.P. shall consist of those members present at a general meeting of palynologists for which notice of 3 months has been given by the C.I.M.P. officers.
- 5. Members of C.I.M.P. shall be all palynologists who desire to belong to C.I.M.P.
- 6. Business of C.I.M.P. shall be conducted by the Executive Committee of the Commission, and by committees appointed by the Council.
- 7. The Executive Committee of C.I.M.P. shall consist of the following members: a President, the Past-President, a Secretary/Treasurer, and members of each of the specialist working groups.
- 8. Elections. The new President and Secretary shall be elected by a postal ballot to the membership. The President may not stand for a second consecutive period of office in the same capacity. Other officers may not stand for more than two consecutive periods of office.
- 9. Any motions passed by a general assembly shall be referred to the Executive Committee and shall be considered by the Executive Committee.
- 10. The existing Executive Committee shall retire at the conclusion of a General Assembly at which the names of a newly elected Executive Committee have been announced.
- 11. The Constitution shall only be amended at a General Assembly or at an extraordinary General Assembly called by the Executive Committee. In either case any proposed amendment shall be circulated six months before the meeting to all members in good standing.
- 12. Audit. The accounts of C.I.M.P. shall be made up annually on 31 December and submitted to an auditor approved by the Executive Committee. Abstracts of accounts shall be presented at each General Assembly.
- 13. Dissolution. The Commission (C.I.M.P.) shall be dissolved only at a General Assembly or extraordinary General Assembly, which has been called for this purpose, by a majority vote of the members present. In the event of such dissolution, any property or assets of the Commission shall by decision of the General Assembly be disposed of by gift to one or more international organisations concerned with the furtherence of palynology.